Beautiful Day

What a glorious morning!  As I write this, it is about six o'clock in the morning, and I have been engaging the day since 4:30 a.m.  Mornings are my prime time to engage life, and it is when I am most creative, especially in regard to writing.  Presently, I am in Yoakum, Texas visiting family.  For only about a handful of times throughout the year do I have the opportunity to get out of Fort Worth.  Since I am scheduled to work the days immediately before and after the Thanksgiving holiday, I figured this weekend made for a great excuse to get away.  On Friday I woke up at 3 a.m. and left for Yoakum at 5 a.m.  Both mornings of my excursion have been beautiful.  In fact, the weather has been cold, or at least cooler, and have required warmer clothing.  In addition to mornings, I absolutely love cooler to cold weather.  (A person can always add more clothing when it's cold, as opposed to taking off the appropriate clothing when it is hot.)  What makes the day beautiful is so much more than the external conditions.  Beauty comes from the inner-springs of life rising up out of the soul.  In other words, my attitude and outlook...the foundational beliefs and ideologies which constitute who I am and how this plays out in everyday life.  It also helps to have an occasional reprieve from the normal, mundane routines of life, i.e.: the road trip to Yoakum.  Every day of life is not a walk in the park.  There will be days when life sucks, but those days will make me appreciate the not so tough days.  Until then, I will enjoy today.  It is the only day given me.  Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow doesn't exist yet.  Enjoy your beautiful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Hiatus from Life!

The Pleasure of Books -- William Lyon Phelps