Road Trip to Yoakum



This previous weekend I made a road trip to Yoakum, Texas.  Since I have to work the days immediately around Thanksgiving, I wanted to visit and spend time with family.  On Saturday I left Fort Worth at 5 a.m., and arrived in Yoakum a few minutes after 9:30 a.m.  I made great time.  Taking the toll road out of Austin always helps in reducing my travel time by at least half an hour.  A quick stop at the Czech Bakery in West, Texas didn't slow me down any.  This place is a usual stop for me as I always look forward to a hearty breakfast and a cup of fresh coffee.  By most people's standards, my time spent with family wasn't particularly exciting, but I don't necessarily need entertaining.  My contentment is found in visiting.  However, Mom and I did play three games of Scrabble, as well as to perform some shopping in Victoria, Texas.  During my trip, I also checked out one of the local cemeteries called Restland Memorial Park.  Of course I took lots of pictures.  I found a few headstones of people who I didn't realize had passed away.  This came as kind of a shock and surprise.  Before my trip came to an end, I had lunch with a friend in Victoria.  Overall, my three-day getaway was good.  Now I can look forward to another three-day getaway for Christmas next month.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Hiatus from Life!

The Pleasure of Books -- William Lyon Phelps