America Recycles Day

To my avid readers, many of you already know of my passion for recycling.  Whether I am working or at home, I am always wondering what exactly can be recycled.  If a recycling bin is not readily available, I will take the items to the nearest receptacle, which, in my case, is the elementary school located about a half mile from the apartment.  Most of the time, I will make a weekly, typically on Sunday, deposit of recyclables in the container.  Making the most of items that can be recycled reduces landfill debris and litter on America's byways and highways.  Many times I am completely heartbroken at the behavior of the common individual.  These people will throw down their trash without any thought to the implication of their actions.  However, to reverse the trend, agencies such as Keep Fort Worth Beautiful and Reverse Litter (.org) are continually campaigning to make people aware of littering and the affect our behavior has on the environment.  These agencies also have designated days for picking up litter city-wide.  In addition, classes on composting and recycling are offered throughout the year.  In closing, I lay down the challenge to my readers to at least begin recycling your household items.  Even if it's small items such as aluminum and glass, it's a start.  If each person performs his or her part, then we will have a great impact on the environment and our living conditions.  Ecology will also thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Hiatus from Life!

The Pleasure of Books -- William Lyon Phelps