Texas Civil War Museum


Yesterday I made a special trip to the west side of Fort Worth in order to visit the Texas Civil War Museum.  In over six and a half years living here, I had never been.  For the first weekend of not working since the cigar shop closed, I wanted to experience something new, and this was definitely it.  First, the museum was so easy to find.  It is directly off the next exit after Clifford Street on the West Loop 820.  Then I found more than adequate parking and a very reasonable admission fee of $8.  The time spent among the "collections" began with a thirty-minute movie about Texas' involvement during the War Between the States.  Once in the main body of the museum, property belonging to the Union was showcased along the north wall.  Likewise, exhibits for the Confederacy were highlighted along the southern wall.  I found that tidbit of information rather interesting.  My tour of the museum finished in a room fill with the style of dress for the period.  Overall, I definitely recommend visiting this museum.  Who knows why it took me so long to visit here, but I will most certainly come back again and again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Hiatus from Life!

The Pleasure of Books -- William Lyon Phelps