Sleepless in Fort Worth

No, this isn't a knock-off version of the movie Sleepless in Seattle.  Earlier this evening I went to bed at the usual time only to wake up two hours later unable to return to a state of slumber.  What is causing this temporary state of restlessness and insomnia?  Who the heck knows?!  Whatever it is, I can almost bet it is something subconscious.  Maybe I'm deep in thought about work.  Or possibly I'm brainstorming about the family genealogy project I'm working on.  More than likely I'm thinking about my lot in life and what the future may hold for yours truly.  Instead of lying in bed desperately trying to slip in to dreamland, I decided to get up to smoke my pipe and listen to music.  At least I'm performing something quasi-productive and not tossing and turning in bed.  I did manage to work on the many pictures I have taken and transferred to the computer.  In addition, I figured this moment of time would make for good reading on the blog.  Does anyone else occasionally battle with periods of unrest, when the mind is running 100 miles-per-hour?  Anyway, here I am.  I do have to work tomorrow morning, so at some point I'll have to make another attempt at sleep.  In the meantime, I am taking care of a bunch of loose ends around the apartment.  To one and all, have a good night!  If you're able, get some sleep for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Reprieve from the War Front

He is Risen...