Jack's Throwback (Dallas, Texas)


Jack FM 100.3 held its annual Jack's Throwback celebration last night at the South Side Ballroom in Dallas, Texas.  Many cover bands were present representing such acts as Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, and AC/DC.  My two best friends traveled to Dallas in order to attend the event with yours truly.  We had a blast and stayed nearly the whole time.  Considering the size of the crowd in attendance, I expected to experience a nightmare in trying to leave.  So we collectively decided to duck out about 45 minutes early to avoid any sort of car logjam at the traffic lights and intersections.  By the time I arrived back at the apartment well past midnight, I was exhausted, but it was worth my time and effort.  Today (Sunday) we all met again for a time of fellowship over food and then coffee.  I had never eaten Korean B-B-Q, but my friends convinced me to try it.  It was good.  Our day was capped off by coffee and hot tea at a nearby coffee shop called Java Me Up.  Overall it was a great, fun-filled, activity packed weekend.  I am so glad I went.  Sometimes I flake out on stuff like that only so my status quo routine doesn't get interrupted.  Sad, isn't it?  Even though "Jack" has been hosting these Throwbacks for quite some time, this is the first of many events my friends and I will attend.  Next year will be awesome as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Reprieve from the War Front

He is Risen...