First Day of Summer

Time marches on as I celebrate the first official day of summer.  Whew, I could tell it and wow, was it hot!  If it's this hot now, I can't imagine what it will be like when July and August roll around.  They are the hottest months of summer, and I am already dreading it.  For me, summer is equivalent to the doldrums of the sea...hot, humid, and lacking any breeze.  The only thing I like about summer is it is only a few months away from fall and winter.  Ha!  Of course, with my luck, the rain will stop long enough to camp, but it will be too damn hot to do so.  Is this Mother Nature's way of exacting revenge on me for some perceived wrong?  At any rate, if you're anything like me, I want to encourage you to bear with the summer temperatures long enough to get to the better seasons of the year.  This particular season has a way of zapping and draining a person's energy and drive to engage life.  Don't give up.  Fall and winter are only right around the corner.  Until then, happy first day of summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Reprieve from the War Front

He is Risen...