Weatherford, Texas


Beginning next week, I will be working somewhat full-time as I am picking up some extra shifts with one of TNG's sister companies.  In view of the upcoming reduction in free time, I wanted to spend at least part of today enjoying an activity I don't normally get to participate in.  Namely that involves travelling, even if it isn't very far from the D/FW Metroplex.  I headed about half an hour west to the small town of Weatherford.  In spite of the rain, I made the trek.  Mainly I wanted to visit the cigar shop, Tobacco Lane on the Square, in the area surrounding the courthouse.  The owners formerly owned a cigar shop in downtown Fort Worth, the one I spent six years of my life employed by and as a loyal customer.  Prior to stepping in to the cigar shop, I ate at Yesterday's Sandwich Shop and enjoyed a roast beef sandwich, a side salad, and a cup of chicken tortilla soup.  At first, I thought the price was a little steep, but I soon found out how well-worth the value of the meal was in relation to the cost.  Then I stepped over to Tobacco Lane, made my purchase, and enjoyed a RyJ Nicaraguan cigar while visiting with the proprietor.  We had a good time of fellowship, talking about old times.  Before leaving for Fort Worth, I snapped a few pictures of the courthouse and one other local building.  Overall, I was glad to have made the trip.  I do plan on future visits.  Now I don't feel so bad about such a leisurely day off from work.  If you are ever in the area of Weatherford, please make the stop in this quiet, little town.  You will be glad you did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Reprieve from the War Front

He is Risen...