Spring Break

Each year, parents and children alike look toward Spring Break.  The feelings associated with the week-long event can either become dreadful or exuberantly happy.  Parents may feel anxious at what to do with their children during their time away from school.  Students, of course, are excited about not having to attend class.  Teachers, if they assign homework, are viewed at party-poopers for spoiling one's vacation.  As a student in school, I once looked forward to the much-needed break as a time to get away from daily class attendance for a few days spent in the outdoors.  One year, I headed to Buescher State Park near Bastrop, Texas.  At another time, I spent the week in Austin with my mother and grandmother.  Now Spring Break carries no significance as I am neither in school nor available to head camping.  Disappointingly, I haven't been camping in almost two years.  Either lack of time or discretionary money have been the over-arching issues.  Since this is a sore subject, I won't pursue this line of thinking any further.  How are you spending your Spring Break?  A friend, his wife, and son are in Colorado visiting Mesa Verde.  I'm envious of the trip and time away.  Hopefully my day is coming soon when I can get away for a time of travelling and camping.  However you choose to spend this time of year, please plan with safety in mind.  Enjoy your Spring Break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Reprieve from the War Front

He is Risen...