Bluebonnet Circle Park



Engaging life usually places me in a great mood in the midst of everything haunting my mind.  This week is the first of the four-week work cycle and usually makes for a tough week.  However, I was able to take care of all the early assignments yesterday, thus providing for a day of rest in the beginning of the week.  As a result, I was able to read at one of the local coffee shops, meet with a friend for a time of fellowship and a smoke, and to check out one of the city's many parks.  This city park is kind of hidden, unless you know about it, and I thought it was worth visiting again.  (Yes, I've been here before, but several years have transpired since my last encounter.)  Bluebonnet Circle Park is in the exact center of a traffic circle or what I call a turn-about.  Really, there isn't much to the park except for a great scenic view of trees and a garden of sorts.  In the garden area, a monument commemorates Fort Worth's status as a Friendship City.  Inscribed bricks notate all the cities internationally Fort Worthians have visited.  The respective countries have also sent emissaries to Fort Worth for in-home stays as well.  Further research can provide details of the arrangements far beyond what this blog entry describes.  What I thought about the park was that it would make a great location for pic-nics, frisbee or football throwing, or simply an area to lounge around in for some peace and relaxation away from the stresses of life.  Please check it out, and you will be glad you did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Reprieve from the War Front

He is Risen...