Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

On Saturday, September 30th, I attended the annual Party on the Porch sponsored and hosted by the Amon Carter Museum.  I attended this function about twelve years ago with a friend and his family.  For whatever reason, the festivities fell off my radar till I saw a banner for it a few weeks prior.  Deciding it would be good for me to get out, even if it was alone, I requested a ticket and downloaded it to my phone.  The best part of the shin-dig was it's free of charge!  Yes, you read that correctly.  Both Party on the Porch and the Museum itself are funded by a perpetual trust established upon the death of Amon Carter himself.  (Take that, you other museums who charge an entrance fee!  Because of the lack of admission, I am able to frequent the art gallery as often as I can.)  Free parking for the event was available across the street at the surface lots of the Health Science Center.  (Another plus to showing up for the event.)  There were several people managing the entryway.  Once inside the perimeter, I immediately headed inside to see their new exhibit titled The World Outside by Louise Nevelson at Midcentury.  As usual, the exhibit was exceptionally world class in its quality and presentation.  After perusing the displayed artwork, I headed back outside to enjoy the food trucks, live music, and the other people mingling on the porch and lawn.  Having already eaten, I did want to find a cup of hot coffee if it was possible.  Thankfully, one of the food trucks had some ready for only $2 a cup.  It was delicious!  While enjoying the beverage, I sat down to take in the live performance of a country band whose name escapes me at the moment.  The nice couple sitting next to me engaged in conversation, and we had a great time of fellowship.  Overall, I was very glad to have attended the festivities at the Amon Carter Museum.  I need to do stuff like this more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiatus from Life!

The Pleasure of Books -- William Lyon Phelps