Hiatus from Life!

A little over one week ago, I gave notice of resignation with the cigar shop where I was employed.  There was nothing wrong with working there, except the usual dysfunction of having to work for a living and in dealing with humanity at-large.  The only novelty of the situation was the fact, as a part-timer, I was working more than the manager.  Yes, you read that correctly!  Yours truly was working roughly thirty-five hours a week while the manager would only clock in for approximately twenty-five hours a week.  (He would get paid for forty, which means he was stealing from the company.)  Knowing this was a sore spot for me and the other staff members.  Nonetheless, I would carry on in the daily discharge of my duties.  At the end of the month, I will begin working-from-home for JR Cigars.  Thankfully the job is full-time, offers benefits, and has a good rate of pay.  Until the start date of June 26th, I am taking a much-needed three-week vacation from life in general.  Some of my travel plans have bottomed out on me; however, I was able to visit family for four days in Austin and Yoakum.  Simply getting out of town was mentally and emotionally healing on its own.  For the remainder of the time off, I will make a few day trips here and there in the D/FW Metroplex.  Surely there are more than a few museums and parks I can visit.  More than anything, I don't want the time to escape from me without using it productively.  I also desire to get back to a decent rythym at the gym.  During the previous few months, I have been exercising at the YMCA in downtown Fort Worth.  So far, I have lost over twenty pounds and would like to lose another ten to fifteen.  Exercise and diet have been the two key factors in the weight loss.  Life is continuing to move forward, and I need to constantly invest in the world around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

The Pleasure of Books -- William Lyon Phelps