New Beginnings!

Today I began working a secondary form employment with Cartan's.  It is a shoe store selling men's and women's footwear located on Magnolia in the Near Southside of Fort Worth.  Ever since I moved here I have tried to get hired on with this place of business.  I formerly worked for the owner at the Rockport Shops in Houston.  Figured I was a "shoe" in with the amount of experience yours truly offered.  Finally, I was hired on and began by working from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.  I dove right in and tried my best.  Slowly but surely, all of my skills and abilities will come back.  The manager seemed pleased and thought I really didn't need much help.  I shadowed him and a few other employees while they waited on customers.  In addition, I helped to put away drags, which are leftover shoes from the sale.  The store hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and closed on Sunday.  Woohoo!  Think I have found my home.  For a while I'll need to work two jobs, the other one serving coffee and cleaning the premises at my A.A. Club.  The challenge will be to remain humble and teachable while I get up and running.  There is always something to learn as well as areas I can contribute to the team or family, as the manager likes to call the staff.  The manager is awesome as I really enjoy his leadership style.  Since this is a new beginning of sorts, hopefully I can grow and evolve into a better person.  Someone who can reflect the life and teachings of the Lord Jesus.  This means I will need to change from the inside out.  The old has passed away while the new shines forth.  For so many years, I tried to manage external behaviors and speech.  One thing I learned from scripture is that from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks and the mind thinks.  In other words, change isn't from the outside in but rather from the inside out.  The desire is there, but will I implement obedience to God in practical application?  Only time will tell.  As with anything else in life, each day must be taken one at a time.  Maybe sometimes one moment at a time.  Of course I will keep my readers posted as to the progress over time.  See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party on the Porch (Amon Carter Museum)

Reprieve from the War Front

He is Risen...